Wednesday, January 23, 2008

So I found this website, exoteric.roach.org and the guy is an artist who works making fractals. His work is amazing, and he has awesome desktops (and you download them using bittorrent which is an awesome idea. So it inspired me to make my own. I used a program called apophysis to make and render the fractals (takes like an hour to make and over an hour to render in 1920X1200). I might try to learn some of the math behind this too, as they are just so cool.

This is my first one which is some sort of earthy implosion.




And then I made a second one, which somehow reminds me of independence day.




There is also another program out there called FLAM3 which supposedly does a better job of rendering things. Anyways if you like them you can try to make your own.

No comments: